Saturday, August 22, 2009

Exhausted

Non-players probably wouldn't believe how exhausted playing bridge all day will make you. I've been trying to eat right and sleep right for this whole tournament, yet waking up after a full night's rest at ~8:30am only takes me until about 8pm before I'm totally spent.

This evening there's an exhibition match between some of the Turkish organizers, two Dutch girls, and Adam Kaplan, Howie Weinstein and Matt Meckstroth. I'm kibbing Howie and Adam, here was one hand:


It's hard to pick out one good hand from a match when you don't have any hand records, but this one was funny because nobody at the table really had any idea of what was going on, yet I think that N/S found a pretty nice defense.

None of the hands that we played today are really worth mentioning. Both Jason and I didn't play particularly well, and we had a 1st set that was a total wreck. We're in 18th, I believe, with 26 boards to play and need a pretty healthy set plus some luck to medal. But I'd be happy with a top-10 finish.

I'll be happy to arrive home and get back to school... bridge is just too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment